PHP Classes

Way(s) to write bare html in the form

Recommend this page to a friend!

SForm  >  All threads  >  Way(s) to write bare html in the form  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Way(s) to write bare html in the form
Summary:How do I write simple HTML in the form?
Author:daniel tygel
Date:2006-11-27 03:10:18
Update:2006-11-29 04:57:42

1. Way(s) to write bare html in the form   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of daniel tygel daniel tygel - 2006-11-27 03:10:18
Hi Seth,

Congratulations for the great class!

I would like to know how could I write HTML code to put explanations between some fields? I thought something like form->addElement('html','<p>this is a sentence</p>'); would work, but it doesn't exist.

So what's the correct way to do it?

Thanks a lot for any help there...

greetings from brasil,

daniel tygel

2. Re: Way(s) to write bare html in the form   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Seth Price Seth Price - 2006-11-28 18:34:18 - In reply to message 1 from daniel tygel
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to put that HTML directly into your template? It is certainly possible to do this with an SForm element, but I question whether it's needed.

3. Re: Way(s) to write bare html in the form   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of daniel tygel daniel tygel - 2006-11-29 03:26:49 - In reply to message 2 from Seth Price
Well, maybe I don't know sufficiently about templates handling.

I thought that a template just says where and how the "display" command will be executed (design). But sometimes I want a comment between one field and other, or between two fieldsets (small instructions and explanations --> help ad hoc). Is that possible through templates?

daniel

4. Re: Way(s) to write bare html in the form   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Seth Price Seth Price - 2006-11-29 04:57:42 - In reply to message 3 from daniel tygel
I'm not sure if I completely understand you, so we may be saying the same thing.

I've tried to reduce the size of SForm by only including form functionality. A command like "$form->addElement('html','<p>this is a sentence</p>');" seems to me to be template functionality.

For example, using the Smarty template engine my commands would look like this:
<?php
$form = new SForm();

//Construct form

$tpl = new Smarty();

$rndr = new SForm_Renderer_Array();
$this->render($rndr);

$arr = $rndr->fetch($form);

$tpl->assign($arr);

$tpl->assign('additionalText', '<p>this is a sentence</p>');
$tpl->assign('evenMoreText', '<p>this is another sentence</p>');

$tpl->display('myTemplate.xhtml');