PHP Classes

A couple of questions

Recommend this page to a friend!

XP Menu Generator  >  All threads  >  A couple of questions  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:A couple of questions
Summary:Wanting to integrate with vbulletin forum
Author:Lianne Carper
Date:2007-01-08 22:38:34
Update:2007-01-10 02:00:36

1. A couple of questions   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Lianne Carper Lianne Carper - 2007-01-08 22:38:34
I want to use this menu system with vbulletin forum and vbadvanced cms. I'm not sure if you're familiar with that particular forum or not, but inside the forum, I have a headinclude template for my entire community and I'm thinking I need to put the following code in there:
<?
require (“xpMenu.class.php”);
$xpmenu = new xpMenu ();
?>

Is this right? And if so, do I need to include the <? and ?> seeing as how the entire forum is written in php? I'm thinking that I should strip the tags off and just add:

require (“xpMenu.class.php”);
$xpmenu = new xpMenu ();

Furthermore, is this where I would add the following code as well?
<?
echo $xpmenu->javaScript ();
echo $xpmenu->style ();
?>

I'm then thinking that in order to create my menu, I would make a blank cms block and just use
$xpmenu->addMenu (“menu1”);
and then continue on - do I need to include the <? ?> on this too?

Thanks,
Lianne

2. Re: A couple of questions   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Enéas Gesing Enéas Gesing - 2007-01-09 11:17:51 - In reply to message 1 from Lianne Carper
Hello Lianne,

Although I already to have worked with several softwares of this type, not yet worked with vBulletim. However I promise to still verify this week and return to you. He would be grateful if you left me your email.

Thanks,
Enéas Gesing

3. Re: A couple of questions   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Lianne Carper Lianne Carper - 2007-01-10 02:00:36 - In reply to message 2 from Enéas Gesing
Well, I was actually able to get it to work, so thank you. Now, I'm just fiddling with it to make it look the way I want.

Appreciate your efforts - well done.

Lianne