PHP Classes

Incomplete text

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP PDF to Text  >  All threads  >  Incomplete text  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Incomplete text
Summary:Does not get all the text out of the PDF file
Author:martzonneveld
Date:2016-10-14 08:27:27

1. Incomplete text   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of martzonneveld martzonneveld - 2016-10-14 08:27:27
First of all thanks for the effort, this is the best so far I've stumbled upon.

When I put in a PDF of 5 pages, it only shows me the first 3. In the Pages variable the 4th page is empty and the 5th page doesn't exist. I am not getting any memory warnings or such. Do you have a clue why this is happening?

2. Re: Incomplete text   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Christian Vigh Christian Vigh - 2016-10-14 08:59:44 - In reply to message 1 from martzonneveld
Thanks for your greetings ! there are still many things to enhance in this class and I'm afraid I left the hardest parts after handling the easiest ones...

Regarding page contents, this is a part I've rewritten 4 or 5 times since the beginning, as I found new, unexpected situations. So your PDF file may fall in a new, unexpected case.

The first question that comes to my mind is : are the contents of the Text property correct, or are they missing the same information as the Pages variable ? (normally, the same information should be missing)

Anyway, I think that the best thing I could do to help you is to have a look at your PDF file. Would it be possible to send it to me at the following email address :

christian.vigh@wuthering-bytes.com

As a side-effect, it will also help me in enhancing my class !

Of course, confidentiality is guaranteed : the samples that are sent to me remain on my PC (as well as on 2 or 3 private backup disks) and are never divulgated.

With kind regards,
Christian.

3. Re: Incomplete text   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of martzonneveld martzonneveld - 2016-10-15 11:56:08 - In reply to message 1 from martzonneveld
Got fixed with yesterdays update (2016-10-14)! Thanks!