PHP Classes

Seriously?

Recommend this page to a friend!

Top level forums  >  Site  >  Design  >  Seriously?  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Seriously?
Summary:Is this site intentionaly this ugly?
Author:Jim Isaacs
Date:2009-04-16 19:48:51
Update:2010-10-11 20:47:17

1 - 10   11 - 11  

1. Seriously?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jim Isaacs Jim Isaacs - 2009-04-16 20:39:12
I would ask for a pardon on my being frank, but the things I have to say aren't pleasant and even I probably wouldn't pardon them.

This is by far one of, if not the most, disgusting site on the internet regarding the design.

I have to question if it is a matter of trying to force a certain kind of user to use this site?
If it is actually intentional?

The site looks like a site designed in 1994 and hasn't been changed since.

I understand this is a development site, but seriously, you are losing A LOT of developers out there that might be great but can't stand the site of this thing.

This suggestion might be one that is heard again and again, and laughed off in the PHP development community.

I only have to point out, 1999-2009, 10 years?!

it's time...

2. Re: Seriously?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2009-04-16 20:46:15 - In reply to message 1 from Jim Isaacs
I suppose you are a newcomer, so you are probably not aware that soon the sit will allow any user that feels capable of creating a better design, to propose new design themes. There will be a contest and the winning theme will be picked. The winner will earn prizes.

The system to propose new designs is still being worked on but it is expected to be ready to launch on the 10th anniversary of the site in June. You may ready more about it here.

phpclasses.org/blog/post/81-Site-de ...

3. Re: Seriously?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Carsten Schmitz Carsten Schmitz - 2009-05-05 18:43:15 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Hello!

"Soon" means what time frame?

4. Re: Seriously?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2009-05-05 18:46:48 - In reply to message 3 from Carsten Schmitz
As I wrote, it is expected to launch in June.

Meanwhile the design theme editor is already available since last year here:

phpclasses.org/design.html

5. Re: Seriously?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Solinx Solinx - 2009-07-16 19:32:59 - In reply to message 4 from Manuel Lemos
How are things going with the new design?

6. Re: Seriously?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2009-07-16 19:50:10 - In reply to message 5 from Solinx
I am working of filter to prevent XSS security attacks that could be eventually performed by a malicious user that submits CSS and HTML templates with Javascript. That could be used to steal logged user cookies and accounts could be abused.

The filter is mostly done. Next a visual editor will be developed so everybody can see the templates output in the editor itself.

These are the two most difficult things to do. Next the themes will be published, preferrably using image thumbnails so the users can see and vote on them. Everything is expected to be ready until September.

7. Re: Seriously?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Solinx Solinx - 2009-07-16 21:27:11 - In reply to message 6 from Manuel Lemos
Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

8. Re: Seriously?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2009-07-16 21:28:17 - In reply to message 7 from Solinx
No problem. Meanwhile you can already design and preview your design themes proposal here:

phpclasses.org/design.html

9. Re: Seriously?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of no no - 2009-12-02 03:58:25 - In reply to message 8 from Manuel Lemos
There isn't much hope it will ever get better.

10. Re: Seriously?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Elad Nava Elad Nava - 2010-10-11 19:13:47 - In reply to message 9 from no
I found this site incredibly annoying and SLOW!

When I registered it took over 10 minutes just to get through all of the dumb "Proceed" links. I also had to re-log in 3 times when the system forgot I was logged in already.

I especially hate how all of the main page content is a SLOW iFrame element which makes it load LAST when I really don't give a crap about all of the Ads flooding the damn page.

There is so much to fix on this site I can't even list it all. Not to mention all of the grammatical errors! "It was not specified a valid package." when following a bad link. What the heck, did you hire a Chinese to translate?

1 - 10   11 - 11